Could this be it?

September 29, 2010

It’s been awhile since my last post. Ever since finding out that I would hear from PC by the end of the month I just sort of let myself forget about it. I’ve learned that there is no use stewing about it and freaking out about it because I have no control over it. It’s funny how as soon as you let things go, things start moving forward.

Just last night I was talking to my best friend and he asked what I was going to do about the whole PC thing. He asked because things have been moving in such a great direction with my new job that he knew I would be going back and forth about what to do … stay in this job or serve in PC?

I told him I didn’t know and that I wouldn’t know for awhile. That is the truth. I’m loving my job, but I have absolutely no idea where that job is going to take me. It could be an awesome experience for years to come or it could be a few months and then I’m let go … I have no idea.

I also have no idea about PC.  I could receive an invite and it could be January or February or March … or, I could not receive an invite at all. I have no idea.

So, why make decisions now about things you don’t have any info on? What’s what I told him. That’s what I truly believed … last night.

Well, today I got an email from a PO (different from the one I’ve been speaking with) with a list of exit interview questions. I emailed her my responses and figure that this is pretty much it. She will either give me an invite or she wont. There isn’t much more in the process.

I now really do have a decision to make. Right when I set both things aside to just go with the flow I now actually have to face the options.

All I keep coming back to is, what if I say yes to PC and then realize a few months from now that I just cannot give up this job opportunity, even for something as amazing as PC? Does it make me a horrible person if I then decline an invite I already accepted? Is that even an option? How do I now make this decision (if an invite does come) potentially six months in advance? I was expecting 6 weeks, but 6 months is a long time for my situation to change …

Awaiting a response to my email … potentially in the form of an invite … I guess we’ll see.

3 Responses to “Could this be it?”

  1. Athena Says:

    I love reading your posts. I just had my last interview yesterday. I was told that I will receive an invitation within the next 3 weeks. I inquired about my future with PC if I decline the invitation. She told me that I would have to explain the extenuating circumstances for the decline and they may not offer another invitation. I wish you luck and strength to make the decision that is best for you.

  2. Heidi Says:

    Hi there! I’m waiting on medical clearance and an invitation myself. I say go forward with it. As you said, only time will tell and if you have 6 months are more seems like some conclusions may materialize on their own.

    I don’t know the details of your job, but PC is a once in a lifetime experience that I wouldn’t want to let go of lightly. People pull out last minute for all kinds of reasons, PC expects that. So I say as long as you don’t board the plane to the country with mixed emotions you haven’t gone too far.

  3. Samantha Says:

    Would they choose not to send an invite for medical reasons? I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone who was nominated, medically cleared and contacted by placement that didn’t recieve an inviation (eventually at least). You will make the right decision. Do what feels right


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: