At Peace with It

June 11, 2010

If you’ve been following my blog at all, you know that I’m on a very fast track toward my October nomination. I sent in my application less than a month ago and have been working extremely quickly to get through this process for a potential October leave date. Recently, I had a few setbacks of potential medical issues that I’ve been very stressed about. I’ve been concerned about not making the current nomination and having to push back my leave time.

And I seriously need to chill out …

Such a quick turn around is not the usual. If I do get pushed back to January, February, or even later in the spring, I’ll still be within the normal 9-12 month turn around that PC usually quotes. I’ll be waiting just as long as everyone else for an invite. I’ll be on the same exact track as almost every applicant. Why do I have to be special and get it done in five months? I should be able to wait just like everyone else.

In addition, being here longer allows me so many opportunities. I can save up some money to have in the bank for when I leave. This would allow me to do a little bit of traveling while I’m gone (around my host country and the area) and also have some saved for when I get back. I could be sure to visit people and see everyone I want to see before I go. There are so many reasons why leaving a little later would be good … and there is no reason I need to be out of here in October … other than the fact that living in the Pacific Islands for two years has kinda grown on me!

Long story short, I’m at peace with the idea of being put on hold with medical. I’m okay with not meeting the quick deadlines for keeping this nomination moving. Whatever happens happens. I’m still working diligently to get all my medical paperwork in as fast as possible just in case no holds come up, but if they do, I’m okay.

On that note, PC finally updated my toolkit today saying the medical paperwork was finally sent. I received an email last Friday saying it was being sent out that day, but it didn’t actually get sent until today – an entire week later. In order to meet their deadline, I’ll have four days with paperwork in hand to get everything completed. I’m going to do my best, but again, if I can’t do it I can’t do it … I’ll send it in when it’s done.


3 Responses to “At Peace with It”

  1. redefinition Says:

    Hey Kylene! Thanks again for stopping by my blog!

    I agree that you just have to go with the flow. Schedule all of your appts. and take things day-by-day. Who knows? Once you start going with the flow, you MIGHT be able to get stuff done in time! If not, no biggie. I’m scheduled for a Jan.-March departure, so I’m not really stressed, but I’m going with the flow. It just forces more jitters, restlessness, anxiety and other crazy emotions.

    Everything will work out!! 🙂

  2. lillimbing Says:

    As usual, I’m with you 100%. I know how hard it is to just chill out and go with whatever happens, but I’m trying, too!! Just wanted you to know you’re not alone.

    • kylenemichele Says:

      Good luck to you! I’m still trekkin’ along as well … making baby steps but getting closer and closer!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: